Click To Download Printable PDF
Objective: Illustration/design Layout Position
- Freelance Logo/Ad layout and design.
- Freelance Character Illustration.
- Scanning Artwork
- Digital Modification of photographs
- Traditional Inking
- Digital Inking
- Digital Toning
- Concept Artist
- Graphic Artist
- Graphic Novel Assembly
- Proficient Computer Applications
o Adobe Illustrator
o Adobe Photoshop
o Adobe Pagemill
o Adobe GoLive
o Adobe InDesign
o Adobe Page Maker
o Adobe Acrobat
o Adobe Premiere
o Adobe After Effects
o Quark Xpress
o Macromedia Free Hand
o NewTek Inspire 3-D
o NewTek Lightwave 3-D
o Microsft Office
o Xerox FreeFlow
o Enfocus PitStop
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration May 2002 Kendall College of Art and Design, Grand Rapids Michigan
- Diploma: Grand Blanc High School June 1996
Click To Download Printable PDF
- Freelance Web Designer for Henderson Data Solutions
o Front end web design work for sites in Adobe DreamWeaver.
- Freelance Illustrator for FASA Games 1879
o Various Illustrations for chapter introductions and fi ller artwork.
o Designed medals for covers of books as well as game play peices.
- Freelance Illustrator for Fantasy Games Unlimited’s Villains and Vigilantes
o Character concepting and final Illustrations for Centerville Incident, Power of One, Great Bridge 2, Department-88, and free downloads Marie La Rouge, Really Big Thing, Centerville City Under Siege.
o Layouts for Marie La Rouge, Really Big Thing, Centerville City Under Siege and Department-88.
- Graphic Designer for GameBreakertv 2013
o Creating images for use on giveaways and website
- Graphic Designer for City Publications 2007-2013
o Creating advertising postcards for affluent lifestyles in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign creating corporate website as well as franchisee websites through Dreamweaver. Various IT services.
- Mascot Design GE2 2009-2010
o Designing mascots for Izumicon and Anime Crossroads creation of images for use on t-shirts/program guides/other advertisement materials.
- Mascot Design/Guest Artist for MTAC 2007 and 2012 (Middle Tennessee Anime Convention)
o Designing costume for established mascot. Creation of 3-4 images using design with finishes in Adobe Photoshop.
- Imaging Technology Serveices 2006-2007
o Prepress technician. Formatting incoming files print compatable with Xerox and IGen printers. Providing program managers with a physical proof.
- Freelance: Assistant Graphic Designer for Grafique
o Designed logos, letter heads and brochure layouts using Adobe Creative Suite 2.
- Self Published Comic: Hardwired Fanboys
o Concept Artist. Penciling, inking, toning, lettering, layout and color digitally with Adobe Photoshop. Assembly in InDesign and conversion into PDF with Adobe Distiller.
- Freelance Project: Comic Book “Touched”
o Digital inks on sequential art.
- Co-Instructor “How to Manga” at Kendall College of Art and Design 1997-2006.
o Taught basic and advanced drawing skills to students ages 10-17. Taught basic Photoshop to students ages 10-17.
- Self Published Tactical Role-Playing Game Steel Rain: Tactical
o Character concepting and final Illustrations. Digital assembly of final product.
- Self Published Graphic Novel Bad Moon: The Color of Night Issues 1-4
o Inking Pages of Art both Digitally and Traditionally With a light table and Vellum. Toning digitally with Adobe Photoshop. Cover digital coloring issue 4 in Adobe Photo shop. Word balloons both traditionally and with Adobe Photoshop. Lettering with Adobe Photoshop and Quark X Press. Digital assembly of final product.
- Program and Ad layout/design for JAFAX 1996-2001
o Designed and executed ad campaign in Quark Xpress, Freehand, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Program designed in Macromedia Freehand. Badges for attendees and guests made in Adobe Photoshop.
- Head of Publications for SugoiCon 2002
o Program designed in Macromedia Freehand. Badges for attendees and guests made in Adobe Photoshop.
- Internship Studio IronCat 2003-2004
o Scanned Japanese Manga into computer. Replaced Japanese SFX with English. Layout in Quark X Press of graphic novels.
- Freelance Artist 1996-current.
o Various character illustrations, design and layout jobs.
All art contained within is copyright 2008-present Yad Mui. All characters and their likenesses are copyrighted to their respective owners.
No images are to be altered or reproduced in any fashion without prior permission.